Simon Bides opens about mental health- ''It's OK not to be OK''

Whether in sports, the management, or another job, the pressure of always having the best performance can create enormous stress affecting your cognitive abilities thus good stress management becomes your best competitive advantage.

Simon Bides, the best gymnast of all time, as reported in USA Today continues to open up about the negative stress effects causing her to withdraw from the Tokyo Olympic Games. Many people appreciate her open approach regarding her mental health struggles.

 

“Whenever you get in a high-stress situation you kind of freak out and don’t know how to handle all of those emotions, especially at the Olympic Games.”

 

“I felt like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders.“


                                             Image: Reuters


Learning from Bides what can you do in a stressful situation?

 

Know when to take a break

 

  I didn't want to do something silly out there and get injured“

I have to put my pride aside. I have to do what’s right for me“

 

Ask for help

 

That is  not something you should feel guilty or ashamed of“

“Just remember, you’re also a person.''


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How is the concept of "value" understood?

Psychologist Daniel Goleman about the importance of emotional intelligence